Chakrasana is an important posture of yoga. Chakrasana yoga is a very effective yoga practice done over the back of a person.
Basically, Chakrasana yoga is a combination of two words. Chakra stands for wheel and asana for posture. While Practicing this asana, your body appears like a circular wheel.
Therefore it is called Chakrasana. It is also known as wheel Pose. Apart from this, it is completely opposite to practice Dhanurasana, hence it is also known as Adhva Dhanurasana. Although Chakrasana has many health benefits, if you desire a fit and healthy body for many years and years, then practice Chakrasana Yoga pose. So let’s know how to do Chakrasana Yoga and what are the benefits and precautions of Chakrasana Yoga Asana-
Steps of doing Chakrasana Yoga Pose
For beginners, this pose is not easy to perform, but regular practice of this asana can make it easier for you to practice. It is better to perform this asana under the supervision of a yoga teacher.
Let’s have a look at the steps of Chakrasana Yoga Pose-
Step 1: First of all, sit in a flat place on the back by laying a carpet or a mat.
Step 2: Keep your knee, feet, and ankles at a distance of 10-12 inches from the buttocks.
Step 3: Raise the arms and bend the elbow.
Step 4: Place the palms on the ground near the head above the shoulder.
Step 5: Now breathe inwards and slowly raise the torso and bend the back.
Step 6: Gently leave the head hanging and stretch the arms and legs as much as possible.
Step 7: Breathe slowly and exhale slowly.
Step 8: Do this process as long as you feel you can.
Step 9: After this, by lowering the body in this way, return to the first position, the head should stick to the ground. Bring down the extra part of the body and relax.
In this way, one of your cycles is completed. In this way, you can do this yoga 5-6 times.
Benefits of doing Chakrasana Yoga Pose
Chakrasana Yoga has many health benefits. In this section, we will describe to you the amazing benefits of Chakrasana. But the thing to note is that you can get the maximum benefit from this Yogasana-
- Chakrasana yoga is a better yoga pose to remove abdominal fat. There is so much capability in this posture that it reduces your belly fat, making it flat. You will see great results within a couple of weeks.
- This yoga asana gives a miraculous effect to prevent aging and to look young.
- This yoga asana is very beneficial for improving the face. Since when our head hangs down, our blood flows more rapidly due to which our face gets better.
- If your digestive system is not right, then doing Chakrasana yoga might be beneficial.
- This yoga is beneficial for making the body agile.
- In the race, most people are struggling with the problems of the spine. You can also get benefits related to the problem spinal cord. It also makes your spine flexible and strong.
- This yoga makes the heart-healthy.
- If you are worried about your waist being thick then do Chakrasana.
Precautions need to be taken while practicing Chakrasana Yoga Pose
- Individuals with high blood pressure should avoid doing this asana.
- Do not do this yoga pose in heart problem.
- Performing this asana is a bit difficult, never force your body to do it.
- Do not do this yoga in a dizzy or tired condition.
- Do not practice it in excessive back pain.
- Do not practice this asana if you are suffering from Hernia, eye defects, and neck pain.
- Those who are not able to Chakrasana yoga should do Ardha Chakrasana yoga first.
You might also gain many health benefits of yoga by joining a 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.