The ongoing covid-19 pandemic has made us all conscious of going and dining out. However, you can savor your favorite meals such as bacon-wrapped fillet mignon at home, fresh and tasty. Bacon-wrapped fillet mignon recipe is a steakhouse menu classic and saves you a lot of money when grilled at home, exactly like those served in the restaurants. It is a perfect recipe for special occasions, such as hosting a Thanksgiving dinner or having a small get-together at your place. Filet mignon is the most tender steak, and this recipe can be served with Caesar salad aur Greek pasta salad for a perfect dinner. Although the recipe hardly needs any added flavors as Bacon adds the essential flavors, you can still add some spices to enhance the taste. If you are wondering how to grill fillet mignon wrapped in bacon at home, check out the below mentioned:
- Beef filet steaks(2 ½ inches thick): 4
- Coarse salt: 2 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper: 3 tablespoons
- Dried onion flakes: 2 tablespoons
- Bacon Strips: 4-8
For Compound Butter
- Softened butter: 16 ounces
- Oregano: 2 tablespoons
- Minced garlic: 1 tablespoon
- Pepper flakes: ½ tablespoon
- Zested lemon: 1
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and onion flakes on both sides of the steak.
- Take bacon slices and wrap them perfectly around each steak. Tie them with a butcher string or toothpicks tightly.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add butter, oregano, garlic, hot pepper flakes, and lemon zest and combine them.
- Take parchment paper or plastic sheet and spread the mixture into a cylindrical shape of 2 inches diameter.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to settle down.
- preheat the grill to 450 Fahrenheit.
- Put the steaks on the grill and heat them for at least 5 minutes with the close the lid. Turn the steaks and heat again for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn the steaks on the grill for the Bacon to face the grate and grill it for 15 to 20 seconds on each side until it turns light brown and crispy.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the compound butter into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick slices and place them on top of each steak to melt.
- As the butter starts melting on the steaks, they are ready to serve.
Enjoy grilling fillet mignon hot and fresh at home!